error 1 on virtual point layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed May 10 14:37:42 EDT 2006

Mark Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've found references to this problem in the list, but no solution:
> I've got an application developed in our office that uses ODBC
> connections and OVF files to publish several layers from an Oracle
> database. All is working well in our office; however, this week I am
> implementing the app in the client's environment, and mapserver is
> failing on trying to load the virtual layers (no mapserver error, just
> never get a map back).
>
> Using OGRINFO I can see the data, but I get an error message before the
> results are listed:
> ERROR1: SetAttributeFilter() not supported on ExecuteSQL() results
>
> I am presuming that this error is also the reason why the layer doesn't
> draw in mapserver.
> Does anyone have any insight as to what this error means?

Mark,

I am guessing you have slightly different versions of OGR in your different
environments.  The message means that an SQL result (perhaps using
SrcSQL in the OVF file?) is being constrained with a SetAttributeFilter()
call.  But this is not supported and the attribute filter will be ignored.

I believe this was always the case, but there was some recent work to
propagate the errors out properly which may have changed the behavior.

I don't know that this will help you.  It is vaguely possible that updating
to GDAL/OGR 1.3.2 will help in this regard as I made a few changes in
the OGR VRT and OGR ODBC drivers to better handle this whole sequence.
Or, that may be what is causing the problems!

Best regards,