Please help - How do I use mapserv with a HTTP proxy server?

Brown, Jeff (C2MS) jeffrey.brown at NGC.COM
Wed May 10 16:18:15 EDT 2006

I really need some help here!
I found out that I can set an environment variable named http_proxy to
can use wget to access a WFS service without the need for --proxy-user
and --proxy-passwd. However, even after setting this environment
variable and restarting Apache, I still get the same timeout error when
I attempt to retrieve a WFS layer.
How can I set up mapserv to use a proxy server? Or is this an Apache
httpd issue? Without a solution, I won't be able to use MapServer . . .
Thanks!
JAB