Trying to show distinct symbol points dynamically

Frederico Lucca fredlucca at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 11 11:12:52 EDT 2006

Hello list,

I'm trying to show distinct symbols in the map using request parameters.
Explaining:
Each client can upload your own png, then i need to show this symbols in the
map, in accordance with the request parameters that are a point(x,y) and a
image(my.png)

I tried the code below, but as expected, all points have the same symbol,
the last one.

-----------Mapfile------------

LAYER
 NAME COSMETICPOINT
 TYPE POINT
 STATUS DEFAULT
 CLASS
  LABEL
   TYPE TRUETYPE
   FONT Arial
   SIZE 12
   POSITION lc
   BUFFER 5
   ANGLE auto
   COLOR 0 0 0
   OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
  END
  COLOR 0 0 0
 END
END

--------------------------------

Well, I run this for each point I want to draw in the map.

---------Mapscript----------

layerObj layer = map.getLayerByName("COSMETICPOINT");

symbolObj symbol = new symbolObj(value,"/var/www/images/"+value+".png");
symbol.setType(mapscript.MS_SYMBOL_PIXMAP);
map.getSymbolset().appendSymbol(symbol);
layer.getClass(0).getStyle(0).setSymbol(map.getSymbolset().index(value));

lineObj line = new lineObj();
line.add(new pointObj(x,y,0));
shapeObj shp = new shapeObj(mapscript.MS_SHAPEFILE_POINT);
shp.add(line);
shp.setText(label);
layer.addFeature(shp);

map.draw();