Compression in TIF files: disk space vs. performance

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Sun May 14 17:46:56 EDT 2006

Andreas,

I made once quite good experiences with scanned b&w images using the Fax
Encoding (CCITT) Group 4 TIFF compression. The images had no overviews,
but were also just shown at a scale that was reasonable for the details
on them. The compression was typically good, something like 3 to 5 times.

Armin