Python mapscript in IIS

Gary Watry watry at COAPS.FSU.EDU
Wed May 17 10:20:58 EDT 2006

Okay from the top,
I am running Mapserver from the latest MS4W by copying cgi-bin directory
from MS4W into my directory structure.

I then installed your dbox_demo_alpha.tar.gz into my directory structure.

I updated the javascripts with all the new .js files you sent me.

I downloaded and installed python-2.4.3.msi from www.python.org and
installed it.

I downloaded and installed mapscript-4.6.win32-py2.4-debug.exe from
http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/

I configured IIS to run Python by using the procedure listed in
http://urbanware.netfirms.com/python/pythonIIS.html

and checked it by looking at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B276494

Gary L. Watry

GIS Coordinator
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies
FSU / COAPS
Johnson Building, RM 215
2035 East Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2840