Python mapscript in IIS

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Wed May 17 10:18:32 EDT 2006

Steve,

I should take those pages down, as they are now out of date with
respect to MapServer 4.8.3.  Working with Jeff and Assefa on the
build kit, we were able to include Python MapScript in MS4W 1.5.3
(and Java, C#, and PHP of course).  Additionally, pre-compiled dlls
for SDE and Oracle are also included in MS4W 1.5.3 (requires some dll
swapping).  These two additions to MS4W make my "Kitchen sink" stuff
obsolete.

My suggestion to Gary is grab a copy of MS4W 1.5.3 and extract the
Python MapScript that is available in there and install it in his
Python's site-packages.

Howard