Problems with Java Mapscript on Tomcat/Windows

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Wed May 17 10:09:32 EDT 2006

I'm trying to do some Java Mapscript development work using Tomcat on
Windows and I'm having trouble getting a stable development environment
going.  I've got a pretty much identical setup on Linux that's been
going well, but my main development machine is Windows so I'd prefer to
work on it there instead.  Everything seems to work in Windows until I
try to reload my web app, then Tomcat crashes pretty spectacularly.  I'm
using the MS4W (1.5.3) version of mapscript.dll/mapscript.jar & Tomcat
5.5.17. I've read about problems with reloading, but it sounds like as
long as you put the mapscript.jar into tomcat/common/lib you shouldn't
be getting any reloading problems anymore.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on what I can do to fix my problem?

--
Jeff Hoffmann
Head Plate Spinner