question about shp2tile

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 18 05:10:22 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I've tried to make a efficient map layer with the commands shp2tile,
tile4ms, and shptree, but something seems not right, because MapServer can
not draw the maps. I've made a test in a seperate folder, and I've done the
following processes:

***
data -- Forests.shp (for a country)
***
1. >shp2tile -r 50 -c 50 Forests.shp Forests_Test.shp
>>>results for this step: shp, shx, and dbf files, there is no prj file for
the output file
>>>error info on the console: failed to create shp Forests_Test.shp -1833

2. >tile4ms ---- get the tileindex.shx, tileindex.shp and
tileindex.dbffiles for the Forests_Test.shp, there is still no prj
file for
tileindex.shp
>>>no error messages appear at this step

3. >shptree -- to genetare .qix file for all shapefiles in this subfolder
>>> results for this step: Forests.qix, Forests_Test.qix, and tileindex.qix
>>>no error info on the console

but, only if I set DATA "Forests" in the layer object the map will be
rendered, others like DATA "Forests_Test" or TTILEINDEX "tileindex" TILEITEM
"location" do not work, the server simply sends back a blank image.

did I make any mistakes or it really do not work well. (I am using MS4W
4.8.1)

I guess some errors occur when I perform the command shp2tile.

thanks for any further info.

zhonghai