ogr2ogr reprojection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu May 18 14:15:27 EDT 2006

Zhonghai Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what you have said works fine, but now something is wrong again with the
> srs definition, the error messages on the console are:
>
>  >>>SRS_Def can be a full WKT definition, or a well known definition,
> i.e. epsg:4326 or a file with a WKT definition.
>
> in the call_convert.bat, I defined like this:
>
> call convert.bat boundary.shp COUNTRY_region.shp
> call convert.bat forests.shp FOREST_region.shp
>
> and in the convert.bat file:
>
> ogr2ogr -init=world:CH1903 -init=epsg:4326 %1 %2

Zhonghai Wang,

I think the above should be expressed:

   ogr2ogr -s_srs +init=world:CH1903 -t_srs EPSG:4326 %1 %2

Sometimes, depending on environment variable settings, the init file
support won't work.  If that occurs you would be better off looking up
the proj4 string and inserting the whole thing.  If you do that don't
forget to quote the argument.

Best regards,