Problem with Mapserver Virtual Spatial Data (ogr)

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Fri May 19 02:42:26 EDT 2006

OGR tries to automatically detect the primary key of a table. This does not
always work automatically. The reason could be for instance the data type
used for your primary key, or maybe a small flaw in the driver's code.
Another example, using ODBC on Access, there is trouble detecting the
primary key because of a not implemented ODBC function in the Microsoft
driver.

Best regards,
Bart

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]Namens Christian Wilmes
Verzonden: vrijdag 19 mei 2006 8:40
Aan: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem with Mapserver Virtual
Spatial Data (ogr)

Hi Frank,

thank you very much for your help!

With the line
CONFIG "PGSQL_OGR_FID" "fieldname"
in the Map section everything works very well.

But now I've still got one more question, just an understanding one. I've
got testet the "Virtual Spatial Data" with a MySQL Database a few days ago
and there everything works well without a line like that. Where could be the
reason?

Best Regards
Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------