Feature Selection/Get Info

rubydunes rubydunes at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 22 14:25:32 EDT 2006

Hi folks.  I'm still having trouble getting field
values after selecting a feature.  As far as I can
tell, I have the layer def and the template file setup
right, and the field names are a perfect match.  When
I select a feature with a selection tool, it seems
like a feature is found and the template file for the
shapefile (Parcels.html) is launched... but I don't
get any of the field tags filled in with actual data.
All I see are the field tags themselves.  I'm sure I'm
missing something simple, and any ideas are much
appreciated.  Since I didn't see much documentation on
how to do this, it must either be very simple to do or
there should be some more instructions somewhere.
Below is the layer definition for Parcels.shp and
following that is the template for the query,
Parcels.html.  Seems like I need to change something
in the way the map form sends the values.

Here's the layer def for the Parcels shapefile:

LAYER
NAME Parcels
TYPE POLYGON
STATUS ON
DATA Parcels
TRANSPARENCY 45
TOLERANCE 3
TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
CLASSITEM OID
MAXSCALE 0
MINSCALE 0
SYMBOLSCALE 10000
LABELITEM 'PARCELID'
LABELMAXSCALE 20000
LABELMINSCALE 0
TRANSFORM TRUE
CLASS
EXPRESSION /./
TEMPLATE 'Parcels.html'
NAME Parcels
COLOR 197 217 151
OUTLINECOLOR 60 79 30
LABEL
FORCE TRUE
WRAP '@'
COLOR 0 0 0
SHADOWCOLOR 64 0 0
SHADOWSIZE 0 0
TYPE TRUETYPE
FONT courier
SIZE 4
ANTIALIAS TRUE
POSITION CC
PARTIALS FALSE
MINDISTANCE 1
BUFFER 1
END
END
END

In my template (Parcels.html) that gets launched after
the query for Parcels shapefile I just have a couple
of test fields.  The file is simply:

[PARCELID]
[STREET]

Thanks!!!!!