Postgis column names and query size

Antonio Grassi agrassic at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 24 15:09:13 EDT 2006

Hello, I would like to make a pair of questions.

First, is there any reason for not sourrounding column names with double
quotes when constructing the query to access a postgis layer? I've modified
it because at work we have a lot of geometric tables with columns whose
names are in uppercase, but it sounds strange to me that this has not
changed in a lot of time. We are using mapserver since 2003 aprox, and as it
hasn't changed, I just want to know if there is a technical reason for not
doing this.

Second, i've made a pair of functions to change the color and size of the
query. I'm using 4.8.3 now. Last year somebody told me that functions to
change those attributes of the query would be included in next releases, but
i've not found them. Is there any way to change the color and size of the
query to be drawn?

And i've another question that maybe souldn't be posted in this list. At
work we maintain a site that could be included in the gallery section, but I
haven't seen who should I write to, does anyone know who should i contact?

Well, thanks very much,

Antonio Grassi

PS: I'm sure somebody must have done the same questions before, but i
searched in the archive and i couldn't find anything, sorry