Cannot change DATA object

Thu May 25 13:48:43 EDT 2006

Jason: There's a security hobble that by default won't allow you to change the DATA
parameter. However, you can set the DATAPATTERN (see docs) parameter in your
mapfile to allow this. It's basically a regex of allowable files.

Steve

>>> "Sievers, Jason" <jsievers at CO.LINN.OR.US> 5/25/2006 11:58:16 AM >>>
I am using version 4.8.3 of MapServer's CGI program.  I wish to change the
DATA object in a map file on the fly (via JavaScript).  I am able to change
objects like MINSCALE, MAXSCALE, TYPE, etc. with the syntax
&MAP_layername_object=myvalue.  However I cannot change the DATA object and
am not sure why.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Jason Sievers