How to run the latest version of JavaMapscript on Tomcat?

frottoli at tiscali.it frottoli at TISCALI.IT
Thu May 25 17:14:51 EDT 2006

Hello to everybody.
Can anyone suggest me how to set up Tomcat (on Windows!) to run the
latest version of Java MapScript (the version contained in ms4w)?
In particular I have "mapscript.jar" and "mapscript.dll", but I have
no idea where to put them in the directory structure of Tomcat.
Have I also to change some enviromental variable in the system
settings?
And what about calling JavaMapscript in a servlet? Have I to write
"import edu.umn.gis.mapscript.*;" or I have to use the command System.
loadLibrary("mapscript")?
I'm a newbie both in mapserver and in Java programming, too: so,
please, give me the more detailed explanations as possible.
Thanks to all.
   Rot

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat

Naviga senza limiti a 19,95 Euro al mese con 4 Megabps di velocita'. Attiva subito: hai 2 MESI di canone adsl GRATIS!

In piu', se sei raggiunto dalla rete Tiscali, telefoni senza pagare il canone Telecom.

Scopri subito come risparmiare!

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/prodotti/adsl/tc/4flat/