Mapfile connection string for postgis

rock well rockwell_001 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 30 16:55:56 EDT 2006

Hello all i was trying to connect postgis remote database from mapserver, so i included a connection string in the mapfile as

  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
CONNECTION "host=remoteserverhostname user=postgres password=random1 dbname=tes port=5432"
DATA "* from tablename"

  but this gives me the following errors

  Warning: [MapServer Error]: msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): couldnt make connection to DB with connect string
  Error reported was 'FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres" '.
This error occured when trying to make a connection to the specified postgresql server.

  I dont know if the connection string is right or not, or do we have to change anything in the configuration file for postgresql .....

  Thanks for your time and appreciate it .......
  kris