Mapfile connection string for postgis

Fernando Luyo fluyoz at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 30 17:42:19 EDT 2006

The item DATA this badly written:

    DATA     "<name field geometry> from <table>"

Example :

    DATA     "The_geom from ag_sinabip_18"
    CONNECTION "user=postgres password=password dbname=mapas host=elcaro port=5432"
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis

These safe of the user?

Fernado Luyo

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rock well
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:55 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapfile connection string for postgis

  Hello all i was trying to connect postgis remote database from mapserver, so i included a connection string in the mapfile as

  CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
  CONNECTION "host=remoteserverhostname user=postgres password=random1 dbname=tes port=5432"
  DATA "* from tablename"

  but this gives me the following errors

  Warning: [MapServer Error]: msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): couldnt make connection to DB with connect string
  Error reported was 'FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres" '.
  This error occured when trying to make a connection to the specified postgresql server.

  I dont know if the connection string is right or not, or do we have to change anything in the configuration file for postgresql .....

  Thanks for your time and appreciate it .......
  kris