Configureing mapserver in someone else server

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Nov 7 10:53:41 EST 2006

What do you mean by "it does not work"?

What happens when you try a ./mapserv -v, or http://host/cgi-bin/mapserv ?

..Tom

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Pedro Meneses
	Sent: 07 November, 2006 10:17 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Configureing mapserver in someone else server

	Hello to the list
	I'm trying to use mapserver as cgi in two hired web hostings .
	In windows based server I put the following in cgi-bin directory:

	    libcurl.dll
	    libpq.dll
	    NCScnet.dll
	    NSCEcw.dll
	    NSCEcwC.dll
	    NSCEUtil.dll
	    xerces-c_1_6_0.dll
	    zlib1.dll
	    mapserv.exe

	and everything goes OK

	In the other side, in linux based server when I put in cgi-bin directory the following :

	    libc-2.3.2.so
	    libcurl.so.3.0.0
	    libfreetype.so.6.3.5
	    libgc.so.1.0.2
	    libgdal.so.1.7.0
	    libidn.so.11.5.6
	    libjpeg.so.62.0.0
	    libpng12.so.0.1.2.8
	    libpq.so.3.1
	    libproj.so.0.5.0
	    libssl.so.0.9.7
	    libxerces-c.so.26.0
	    mapserv

	it does not work. What I'm missing here?
	Thanks in advance
	Pedro

	Visita www.tutopia.com <http://www.tutopia.com/bannerserving/banman.asp?ZoneID=0&BannerID=3174&AdvertiserID=776&CampaignID=2424&Task=Click&Mode=TEXT>  y comienza a navegar más rápido en Internet. Tutopia es Internet para todos.  <http://www.tutopia.com/bannerserving/banman.asp?ZoneID=0&BannerID=3494&AdvertiserID=776&CampaignID=2739&Task=Get&Mode=TEXT>