dbox legend in ms4w

Ken Boss Ken.Boss at DNR.STATE.MN.US
Wed Nov 8 15:29:59 EST 2006

What shows up in the alert box?  Most likely there is a problem with the
mapscript configuration on your server.

A javascript console window might prove helpful as well.  There is some
(admittedly sketchy) documentation
at http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/tools/dbox/README_install.html (also in
the dbox demo distro) that might provide a further clue or two.  Also
search the list for dbox.  A good explanation of how the mapfile
metadata items are used to configure the legend is at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.mapserver.user/20286/.

--Ken

>>> Sam Young <samnyoung at HOTMAIL.COM> 11/8/2006 1:44:23 PM >>>
I am having trouble getting my legend to display and function properly
using
the dbox application (which is a really great application thanks to the

author!).  It was suggested to me that I put an alert in the code to
debug
it, however I'm not making anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Below
is the code where I think the error is located, but I'm not sure.

window.onload = function() {

    main.initialize();
    reference.initialize();
    container.initialize();

    domouseclick('zoomin');

    // legend setup
    var legend_xml = get_content(config.dlegend_xml_executable +
"?map=" +
config.mapfile + "&server=" + config.dlegend_server);
    alert(legend_xml);
    legend.initialize("legend_container", legend_xml);
    legend.setHandler(DLEGEND_CLICK, ms.setLayer);

    ms.draw();
  }

Thanks,

Sam