jBox Queryby Rect performance

John Li johnli at GISAPPS.COM.HK
Thu Nov 9 08:51:41 EST 2006

Dear All,

I am trying to use jBox to perform query by selecting point records by rectanglar select (drag an area in which point records are displayed).  However, it seems that it takes long time to generate the map image (I have added some labeling features on the map request).  I have tried to create index on XY and record ID, but the performance has not improved.

Is there something I can do to solve this problem?  Is the problem related to database index, or jBox, or anything else?

I am using MapServer, jBox, Win 2003 Server, IIS, Oracle.

Hope you can give me some hints.

Regards,
John