geos Bufferring mapserver 4.10

percy percyd at PDX.EDU
Tue Nov 14 09:40:09 EST 2006

This is the sort of thing that is most appropriate for PostGIS,  it
really starts to get into the realm of GIS "analysis", which Mapserver
does NOT purport to do :-)

I would look into PostGIS' "Simple Features Specification for SQL
<http://www.opengis.org/docs/99-049.pdf>". It will do the buffering and
intersecting you describe.

However, it sounds like this doesn't need to happen interactively
through the web interface, if so you might explore a desktop GIS such as
Quantum GIS, uDig, etc.
Percy