PHP Mapscript OwsRequestObj & loadparams()

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Thu Nov 16 16:39:01 EST 2006

Hi

the OWSRequest object for PHP Mapscript has a slight problem at least
under Linux. As already mentioned by another user some weeks ago, the
definition as described in the how-to

$request = ms_newOwsRequestObj();
$request->loadparams();

is also not working for me (Linux Debian and Ubuntu). There is no error
in PHP neither Apache, just the page returned is completely empty as
soon as the 'loadparams()' is applied.

For the ones interested in a fast workaround to use the really nice and
flexible Mapscript OWS interface via PHP I used the following

$request = ms_newOwsRequestObj();

foreach ($_GET as $k=>$v) {
     $request->setParameter($k, $v);
}

This worked fine for me and the WMS service could be accessed by all
clients I tested (all seem to use the GET request).

Armin