Label collision trouble

Dylan Keon dbkeon.ml at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 22 13:41:22 EST 2006

On 11/22/2006 09:50 AM, Bruce Cheney wrote:
> Hello group.  I am having label collision trouble.  No matter what I  do
> the labels seem to collide with each other.  I also have labels from
> more than one layer colliding with each other. Obviously this makes the
> map very difficult to read.  I have implemented caching and tried every
> other combination of attributes I can think of.  Here is a label section
> from a mapfile and a sample label collision.  Any suggestions? Thank you
> for any help you give.

Bruce,

What happens if you remove FORCE ON (should be FORCE TRUE), or change it
to FORCE FALSE?  You might also try POSITION AUTO.  With so many labels
you'll really have to finesse POSITION, FORCE, LABELMINSCALE,
LABELMAXSCALE, PARTIALS, and possibly other parameters just right for
each layer.

--Dylan