Label collision trouble

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Nov 22 14:52:17 EST 2006

If your data is pretty static, it might be doing it this way.  You could
create a point shapefile to use as label points.  You would then create
a layer of type ANNOTATION to place your labels.  This is a lot more
work up front, but it guarantees that the labels will be exactly where
you want them.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Bruce Cheney
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 1:46 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Label collision trouble

Thanks for your help Dylan.  That is certainly helping.  I removed
FORCE, dropped my SYMBOLSCALE, and removed PARTIALS.  The collisions are
not happening now (probably because of FORCE being removed).  I would
like PARTIALS to stay on but they are messy - crossing boundaries, etc.
Is there some way to force labels in a polygon to stay in the same
position relative to the center - I don't want them moving around every
time a user pans or zooms in?

Thanks again.

Bruce