compile problems -- mapserv with postgis support

Siegfried Blank sb at PIVI.DE
Mon Nov 27 17:25:18 EST 2006

i have build mapserv on OpenSuse10.1 with
./configure --with-php=/usr/include/php5 --with-png --with-jpeg
--with-pdf --with-proj --with-geos --with-gdal --with-ogr
--with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config --with-wfs --with-wms
--with-httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd2 --disable-ignore-missing-data

make

the result is

MapServer version 4.8.4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

there is no INPUT=POSTGIS
and there is no error in the configure output (see below).

Thanx for help

Siegfried Blank

MapServer Version from map.h: '4.8.4'
configure: checking where FreeType 2.x is installed...
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
         using libfreetype -lfreetype from system libs.
configure: checking where Zlib is installed...
checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
         using libz from system libs (-DUSE_ZLIB).
configure: checking where PNG is installed...
checking for png_init_io in -lpng... yes
         using libpng from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include JPEG support...
checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... yes
         using libjpeg from system libs.
configure: checking where libXpm is installed...
checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... no
         XPM (libXpm) library cannot be found, possibly needed for GD
configure: checking where libiconv is installed...
checking for iconv_open in -lc... yes
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
         using libiconv from system libs.
         libiconv found. Enabling internationalization (-DUSE_ICONV)
configure: checking for GD 2.0.16 or higher...
checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd... yes
         using libgd 2.0.16 (or higher) from system libs (-L/usr/lib
-lgd -ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz  ).
checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageJpeg in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageWBMP in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageStringFT in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGifPtr in -lgd... yes
checking for gdFontGetTiny in -lgd... yes
         using GD ( -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG
-DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR
-DGD_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS) from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include PDF support...
checking for PDF_setlinewidth in -lpdf... yes
checking for PDF_setrgbcolor in -lpdf... yes
checking for PDF_moveto in -lpdf... yes
checking for PDF_curveto in -lpdf... yes
checking for PDF_show_xy in -lpdf... yes
         using libpdf from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include EPPL7 support...
         including EPPL7 support.
configure: checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support...
checking for pj_init in -lproj... yes
checking for pj_transform in -lproj... yes
         using PROJ.4 from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include thread safe support...
         thread safe support disabled.
configure: checking whether we should include ESRI SDE support...
         ESRI SDE support not requested.
configure: checking whether we should compile in MPATROL support...
         MPATROL support not requested.
checking if GEOS support requested... yes
checking for geos-config... /usr/local/bin/geos-config
configure: checking whether we should include OGR support...
checking for gdal-config... /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
         OGR enabled (-DUSE_OGR).
checking if GDAL support requested... yes
checking checking ms JPEG output... no we, have GDAL available.
configure: checking whether we should include TIFF support...
         disabled since gdal is in use
checking if PostGIS support requested... yes, user supplied pg_config
checking if MyGIS support requested... no
checking if OracleSpatial support requested... no
checking if MING/Flash support requested... no
configure: checking whether we should include WMS Server support...
         OGC WMS compatibility enabled (-DUSE_WMS_SVR).
configure: checking whether we should include WFS Server support...
         OGC WFS Server support enabled (-DUSE_WFS_SVR).
configure: checking whether we should include WCS Server support...
         OGC WCS Server support not requested.
configure: checking whether we should include WMS Client Connections
support...
configure: checking whether we should include WFS Client Connections
support...
configure: checking for curl-config...
configure: checking whether FastCGI support should be enabled...
         FastCGI support not enabled.
configure: checking HTTPD server (Apache) version...
         using user-supplied httpd (/usr/sbin/httpd2)
         /usr/sbin/httpd2 version is Apache/2.0.54 (2000054).
checking compiler warnings... basic
configure: checking whether we should enable debug features...
configure: checking for PHP/MapScript module options...
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
         using 'g++ -shared' for dynamic linking
checking for location of config.h or php_config.h...
/usr/include/php5/main/php_config.h
checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
checking whether we should use PHP's regex... yes
         found regex_extra.h - building PHP MapScript with PHP's bundled
regex
         PHP/MapScript module configured.
checking if --enable-runpath requested... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/java/Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/csharp/Makefile
gcc -O2 -fPIC -Wall     -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF -DNEED_STRLCAT  -DUSE_EPPL
-DUSE_PROJ -DUSE_WMS_SVR  -DUSE_WFS_SVR       -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG
-DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR
-DGD_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS -DUSE_PDF   -DUSE_OGR -DUSE_GDAL -DUSE_GEOS
-DUSE_ICONV    -DUSE_POSTGIS    -DUSE_ZLIB -I/usr/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/pgsql/include     -I/usr/local/include
    mapserv.o cgiutil.o  -L. -lmap -lgd -L/usr/lib -lgd -ljpeg
-lfreetype -lpng -lz   -lpdf -ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz   -lproj -ljpeg
  -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq
-L/usr/local/lib -lgeos   -lc  -lz -lm -lstdc++  -o mapserv
touch mapscriptvars
pwd > mapscriptvars
echo   -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF -DNEED_STRLCAT  -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_PROJ
-DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT
-DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR -DGD_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS  -DUSE_OGR -DUSE_GDAL
-DUSE_GEOS -DUSE_WMS_SVR  -DUSE_WFS_SVR   >> mapscriptvars
echo -I.  -I/usr/include      -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
 >> mapscriptvars
echo  -L. -lmap -lgd -L/usr/lib -lgd -ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz   -lpdf
-ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz   -lproj -ljpeg  -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq    -L/usr/local/lib -lgeos   -lc  -lz -lm
-lstdc++  >> mapscriptvars
echo  >> mapscriptvars
grep '#define MS_VERSION' map.h >> mapscriptvars
cd mapscript/php3; make; cd ../..
make[1]: Entering directory `/source/mapserver-4.8.4/mapscript/php3'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/source/mapserver-4.8.4/mapscript/php3'