installation questions

Ravi ravikapoor101 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 27 20:44:13 EST 2006

Hi there, I have a fee questions regarding installation:

1. I do not want to compile mapserver. Is
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/fgs the best place to get mapserver binaries?

2. The problem with fgs is that it comes bundled with apache/php etc. If
I purchase a hosting account, it usually comes with a latest version of
apache/php. Is there a guide explaining how to install mapserver with
existing apache/php installation?

3. Does somebody know what is the disk size requirement for complete US
street map at say 1000x zoom level? From there I can calculate other
disk size requirements by simply adjusting for zoom level. I need this
to find out much disk space I need.

Thanks
Ravi