Problem with layer

Gloem f.glandorf at GMX.DE
Wed Nov 29 14:00:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with a layer in my mapfile. I want the mapserver to draw a
symbol depending on the value in the database.

the table looks like this:
the_center(geometry), fahrten(varchar(6))

the layer in the mapfile looks like this(in the simple form):
LAYER
    NAME "Fahrten"
    TYPE POINT
    MAXSCALE 20000000
    MINSCALE 1
    TOLERANCE 5
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS On

    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION "user=postgres password=admin dbname=geodaten host=localhost
port=5432"
    DATA "the_center from post_code_areas"

    CLASS
      STYLE
  	SYMBOL "circle"
	SIZE 10
	COLOR 0 0 255
      END
    END

    METADATA
      "WMS_TITLE" "Fahrten"
      "WMS_SRS" "epsg:4326"
      "WMS_EXTENT" "5.5 47.0 15.2 55.5"
      "DESCRIPTION" "Angebotene Fahrten"
    END

  END

The other layer in the mapfile is drawn correct