Projection library error

Eduardo Zenaide ezenaide at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 11 15:20:23 EDT 2006

Hi, people,

I'm new to MapServer and Linux and i'm having trouble to make it work.
I have MapServer running on my machine (using Ubuntu 6.06), but it's
returning this message: " loadProjection(): Projection library error.
Projection support is not available. " I've searched and it's some problem
with the way i've compiled MapServer and/or Proj.4. So i went here (
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/compiling_on_unix/#compiling) and
didn't understand how to do it exactly. I must use all the commands on this
list with "./configure" ? How can i do that?

Sorry if i'm asking some newbie question, that's because i'm a newbie :)
- and sorry for the awful english, i do not speak english :D

--
Eduardo Zenaide