Limiting the viewable extent...

Tue Oct 31 13:34:13 EST 2006

Daniel is correct, there is no limiting extent for the CGI or WMS
servers. I think the keyword
is even there in the WEB object but there's no code to enforce it. A
5.0 enhancement (if someone
writes a bug report)... Sorry.

Steve

>>> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at MAPGEARS.COM> 10/31/2006 12:20:47 PM

In MapScript, the mapObj methods zoomPoint() and zoomRectangle() take a

maximum extent for that purpose, but I don't think there is any way to

set a limit on extents in the mapfile directly that would apply to the

mapserv CGI and WMS interfaces.

Daniel

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I may be confusing this with a feature of ka-map, but I'm not sure.
> Steve L do you know if there is such a feature in mapserver?
>
> -Steve W
>
> ps: lots of Steve is confusing!
>
> Steve Hall wrote:
>> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

>>> Yes, I believe you can do it by setting METADATA values for the MAP

>>> object. I just check the mapfile reference and it is not described

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/