Virtual Spatial Data & QUERY control ? Wrong result

Jan De Belder jan.debelder at SADL.KULEUVEN.BE
Fri Apr 13 03:40:52 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Is there a way to use query or nquery on a virtual spatial data layer in
MAPSERVER ? I cannot get this to work.

Description of my setup:
*windows xp pro, IIS & mapserver (latest ms4w).
*I have a working virtual spatial data layer in my mapfile, with appropriate
labelling
*I have a lightweigth AJAX client which can identify (NQUERY) all layers and
gives correct results

Problem
* when using the identify (NQUERY) on a virtual spatial data point, the
query always returns the FIRST record in the ODBC source, not the one that
is clicked on by the pointclick (Mind you, when I use exactly the same data
in a shapefile, the identify works, and labelling on the virtual spatial
data points also works).

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogr_howto/#queries-through-ogr-format
states that OGR queries should works the same as shapefiles. Does this not
apply to Virtual Spatial Data layers ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Jan De Belder