Virtual Tables

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Apr 18 14:03:34 EDT 2007

How is it failing?

Are you getting an error message?

Are you specifically calling the layer by name in the URL or post
request, or have you tried setting STATUS to DEFAULT?

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Kevin Flanders
	Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:41 PM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Virtual Tables

	I would like to map a virtual table, and I am told I can do it
without declaring an ODBC...using the following mapfile layer
definition:

	  LAYER

	    NAME "Fire Data"

	    GROUP "Fire Data"

	    STATUS on

	    TYPE point

	    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

	    CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource>

	                                     <OGRVRTLayer
name='firegis'>

<SrcLayer>mapsonline.csv</SrcLayer>

	                                       <GeometryField
encoding='PointFromColumns' x='XCOORD' y='YCOORD'/>

<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>

	                                     </OGRVRTLayer>

	                                   </OGRVRTDataSource>"

	    TEMPLATE "ttt"

	    TOLERANCE 4

	    CLASS

	      NAME "Fire Data"

	      SYMBOL "circle"

	      OUTLINECOLOR 80 80 80

	      COLOR 219 0 0

	      SIZE 12

	    END

	  END

	But this fails.  Do I need an ODBC....or is it true I can access
a text file directly in this manner.  The data is being placed with all
my other shapefiles (ie. in the same folder).

	Also, can the .csv file just as easily be a .txt file....and can
the entries have quotations around them?

	Kevin