time expression

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Apr 18 17:14:58 EDT 2007

Kevin,

  Look at the document :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_time_support/#interpreting-time-values

It shows how to set up time expressions (using backtics to indicate it
is a time expression, a simple example could be something like
(`[time_field]` eq `2004-10-12`)

There is also http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/msexpressions .
There might be other docs but I could not locate them.

Later,

Kevin Flanders wrote:
> Are there examples of time-based expressions out there that I could look at?
>

> I would like to setup a mapfile layer so that only records with a date
> less than 30 days old would survive the filter and show on the map…..can
> this be done?
>

> Kevin

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst