Problem with connecting to MySQL with OVF-file

Karl Suiter karl.suiter at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 8 16:04:39 EST 2007

Chris,

  Looking at your OGR output, it appears that you do not have MySQL
connection support compiled in your MapServer binary.  If you run the
"mapserver -v" command, you should have see and "INPUT=MYSQL" statement
listed.  Your OGR support connection list output below should also
have MySQL listed.

  You should be able to find a Windows version of mapserver already
precompiled with MySQL support.  If you're running LINUX, you'l need to
compile the source with MySQL support.

  Some additionaly info about your OS, version, MySQL version, etc would be
of help.

Cheers,

Karl

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:12:45 -0500, Chris Beaart <beaart at XS4ALL.NL> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm running Mapserver and pMapper on a Linux-Debian system and I have
> installed MySQL, added a database called dop and a table called
> waarnemingen.
>

> I created a waarnemingen.ovf which looks like this:
>

> <OGRVRTDataSource>
>
>     <OGRVRTLayer name="Waarnemingen">
>
><SrcDataSource>MYSQL:dop,user=root,password=testje,host=84.244.182.83
,port=3
> 306,tables=waarnemingen</SrcDataSource>
>
>         <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM waarnemingen</SrcSQL>
>
>         <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
>
>         <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
>
>     </OGRVRTLayer>
>
> </OGRVRTDataSource>
>

> When I run ogrinfo /var/www/data/maps/waarnemingen.ovf I get the
> following
> message:
>

> ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
>
> ERROR 1: Failed to open datasource
> `MYSQL:dop,user=root,password=trashcan,host=84.244.182.83
,port=3306,tables=w