scale dependent getfeatureinfo

Steven M. Ottens steven.ottens at GEODAN.NL
Tue Feb 13 09:01:28 EST 2007

Hi all,

I've got a group layer with 4 scale dependent layers, with aggregated
elevation information: 5m resolution, 25m, 100m and 500m. When I do a
getFeatureInfo I get 4 results: for each of the for layers a result.
Being aggregated data they are all different. This is slightly
confusing for the user so I was wondering how to solve this.
In my opinion the most logical process would be hat getFeatureInfo
honors the MINSCALE and MAXSCALE parameters. As such you only get the
feature info of the scalelevel currently on screen.
Alternatively I'd like to have only one answer, the most detailed
layer in this case. But I'm not sure how to disable the other layers
for getFeatureInfo.

My mapfile (without the classes since there are quite a few)