how to use user map query to generate a calculated value with MapServer?

percy percyd at PDX.EDU
Wed Feb 14 03:20:28 EST 2007

I would think you would do this through some custom programming using a
little PostGIS backend query based on rectangle extent and some php to
iterate through the query results adding up the areas and then dumping
the summation to an html container in the browser.

but, that's just my approach, someone else might know how to do it
through mapserver's query mechanism, of which I am no expert.
cheers,
percy

--
David Percy