Delay time using ECW tile in LINUX

Doug Newcomb Doug_Newcomb at FWS.GOV
Wed Feb 14 08:09:02 EST 2007

Juanma,
      What version of the ecw libraries are you using?  There was some
discussion about the speed of the ecw library on linux vs windows with the
ecw 3.3 sdk -RC 2 in this discussion thread
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-August/009795.html .  The
final 3.3 ecw SDK  may have fixed this.

Doug

>Date:    Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:08:40 +0100
>From:    "Juanma M." <juanma.mr at GMAIL.COM>
>Subject: Delay time using ECW tile in LINUX
>Hi all.

>I have been working with mapserver in Windows and Linux. I have been using
>ECW tile layer in both and it results in a delay in LINUX of 3-4 seconds.
>don't understand why it is happening because in Windows doesn't take a
>second creating the image. The delay is always the same, it doesn't matter
>the size of the image or if it is in local or through the network.

>I am trying to change the options compiling mapserver or GDAL because it
>doesn't seem to be a problem of the apache server because all the other
>layers work propperly. I will try also to detect where the delay is
produced
>by activating the debug mode in mapserver.

>Did anyone have the same problem?

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC