mapserver with postgis

Agustina Buccella agustina_buccella at YAHOO.COM.AR
Thu Feb 15 16:03:52 EST 2007

I have installed Mapserver and Postgis in Fedora Core 4.

  My .map file has the following lines:

  LAYER
 CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
NAME "test"
CONNECTION "user=xxx password=xxx dbname=XX host=localhost port=5432"
DATA "the_geom from argentina"
TYPE MULTIPOLYGON
END
END

  But when I try to use mapserver the  web server (apache) gives me the following error:

  getSymbol():Symbol definition error. (MULTIPOLYGON)

  The .map file is called by using the following link in the web browser:

  http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/test.map&mode=map

  I have tried with other source data (sql table) and other symbols like MULTILINESTRING, etc. but I always receive the same error.

  What am I doing wrong?

  Thanks!
  Agustina

 Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.