php/mapscript shared object

Agustina Buccella agustina_buccella at YAHOO.COM.AR
Mon Feb 19 10:30:22 EST 2007

I have a problem when I invoke the phpinfo_mapscript.phtml page:

 Warning:  dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so' - libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line 21

 previously I have changed the extension_dir in php.ini file in order to the mapscript could find the php_mapserver.so file... but when php found it the previous error appears.

 the map server works fine when I use the mapserv file in the cgi-bin directory... but now I want to use mapscript....

 My apache configuration file has the line

 SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:

 and in the /etc/ld.so.conf is this path too (an I run ldconfid process). Doing that, the mapserv script (with sgi) works well, the problem now is with php, but I do not know what I have to change or add....

 The php version is 5.1.6

 Thanks!
 Agustina

 Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.