Proj 4 error

Jérôme Martin gooogle at FREE.FR
Mon Feb 19 13:23:27 EST 2007

Hi,

if you have this error, you have to setting up your the environment
variable PROJ_LIB to the path to the folder including the "epsg" file
(many times it can be found on linux at the /usr/local/share/proj path
if you compiling by yourself.
if it doesn't still work, try to do a strings command on the libproj.so
library and grep it to the "proj" word (ie : string libproj.so | grep
proj) and see where the proj path pointed to.
On the FWTools linux package, the strings command returns
"/usr3/pkg4/OpenEV_FW_Tree/FWTools/share/proj", so if the setting of the
PROJ_LIB variable doesn't work, try to create on the harddrive the good
path to the static link on the library (this is a bad way to resolve the
problem, but it works !).

sincerely,

Jérôme Martin