Mapserver WMS & ArcGIS : Connnection Problem

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at GRID.UNEP.CH
Fri Feb 23 05:30:16 EST 2007

Hi,

i read in a couple of posts that it is possible to connect with
ArcGIS 9.0 SP 3 to WMS. I can indeed open in ArcCatalog the dialog
box and enter the URL ( http://gridca.grid.unep.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?
map=/www/geodataportal/htdocs/mod_map/geo_wms_y_2004.map ) but then
it says "Failed to connect to server"... But if I type the address
into any browser, it does work fine (I mean, error message, ok,
because no parameter was specified...).

GetCapabilties:
http://gridca.grid.unep.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/www/geodataportal/
htdocs/mod_map/
geo_wms_y_2004.map&service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=getcapabilities

GetMap:
http://gridca.grid.unep.ch/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/www/geodataportal/
htdocs/mod_map/
geo_wms_y_2004.map&service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=getmap&layers=gdp_c
apita,int_boundary_lines,continent_outlines

Any idea why this could be?

Thanks for any hints!