DSN-less connection for OGRVRTDataSource

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Jan 6 14:52:33 EST 2007

Shorthouse, David wrote:
> Hello folks,
>

> I use SQL Server 2005 (aside: the MsSqlSpatial extensions look
> promising) and am wondering if it is yet possible for DSN-less OGR
> connections.

David,

I don't believe this is currently supported for the OGR ODBC driver.
The Personal Geodatabase driver also goes through ODBC and doesn't
require a DSN, but it does not appear that the ODBC driver will allow
the application/user to pass through the required parameter instead of a
DSN.

Best regards,