Applet/utility for drawing polygons?

Michael Schulz mschulz at WEBGIS.DE
Mon Jan 8 08:45:44 EST 2007

Hi,

have a look at mapbender and its digitizing capabilities:
http://www.mapbender.org/
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Digitalisierung#ENGLISH

Try the link to the digitizing gui. Digitizing functionality includes
e.g. snapping to nodes and saving geometries via wfs-t
(geoserver->postgres).

Cheers, Michael

2007/1/7, Mike Conlow <mike_conlow at yahoo.com>:

> Hi: Does anyone know of a good applet or utility to allow clients to draw
> polygons on a map and feed them to PostGIS?
>
> The issue I am trying to deal with: I have a lot of points and I need to let
> a client draw a polygon around a subset of those points and tag them with
> their name or a code or something.   I think the easiest way is to pass the
> polygon to PostGIS...but if there are other ways that I haven't thought
> of...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Michael Schulz