php/mapscript set up

edfialk wef1 at CEC.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Jan 16 15:37:29 EST 2007

Hi, I'm trying to get php/mapscript working, but my php_mapscript.so keeps
getting denied something.

Here's my error_log:

PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib64/php4/php_mapscript.so' - /usr/lib64/php4/php_mapscript.so:
cannot open shared object file: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

My unix/server guy says it's not Apache that's getting denied access, it's
the object file that's trying to do something and getting denied.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
-Ed