php/mapscript set up

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 17 10:46:00 EST 2007

> Here's my error_log:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib64/php4/php_mapscript.so' - /usr/lib64/php4/php_mapscript.so:
> cannot open shared object file: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0
>

> My unix/server guy says it's not Apache that's getting denied access, it's
> the object file that's trying to do something and getting denied.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

Hi,
maybe just a php4 wrong 'extension_dir' in php.ini or a wrong
php_mapscript.so position for your current 'extension_dir'

Default php.ini has './' in 'extension_dir' and this path is relative to
your php.ini position, try with your absolute path or, as php.ini usually
resides in a depeer level ( eg. '/usr/lib64/php4/lib/php.ini' ) put your
php_mapscript.so in the same dir of php.ini

hope this helps