USGS DEM in mapserver

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at BYTEWISE.IT
Thu Jan 25 09:03:35 EST 2007

Of course!!! :-)

I forgot to define the LAYER projection ...
now it work.

(I use world files because Gtopo dataset is tiled,
and come already with the world files. Better way can be also to define a
TILEINDEX and an index shapefile, so all Gtopo extension becomes one only
layer.)

many thanks!
bye
......................................................pg

On Gio, 25 Gennaio 2007 2:02 pm, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

Pietro Giannini wrote:
>> Thanks Zoltan!
>>
>> I tried immediately and it work well ... but MS does not
reproject the
>> raster!
>> The only way to display
correctly the raster is apply a lat/lon
>> projection to the
map, the same of the raster.

>> In the same
directory  of the .dem is a world file, with the same name

of the Gtopo tile and extension ".wld", I tried also to rename
the world
>> file to ".dmw", without result.
>>
>> I used .tif rasters, georeferenced with world
files, and MS reproject
>> them without problem.
>>
>> Another way to georeference .dem rasters?
>> Anyone can help?
>
> Pietro,
>
> MapServer should be able to reproject the rasters as long as you
define
> the original file projection on the LAYER, and then
define your desired
> output projection on the MAP.  If the .dem
files are actually USGS DEM
> files then world files of any sort
are likely to be ignored by GDAL
> though I believe that MapServer
actually will pick up the .wld and use it
> to override the GDAL
returned extents.

> Is there a reason you are trying to
setup a world file?