PHP/MapScript DSO

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Fri Jun 1 18:11:55 EDT 2007

Timothy,

My experience is that PHP/Mapscript runs well under PHP as DSO when
Apache is a non-threaded version. So either Apache 1.3, or Apache 2 as
prefork version, not the threaded MPM (this is recommended anyway in the
PHP docs, see
http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.installation.php#faq.installation.apache2).
It seems that on Windows Apache is always threaded, so there I just used
PHP as CGI.

The special options for Mapserver/Mapscript compilation was to add
'--with-php=/usr/local/include/php --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/apache2 '.

Armin