Strange mapscriptJNI_delete_1layerObj+0xf error killing Tomcat

Rodrigo Del C. Andrade rodrigo.andrade at DIGITRO.COM.BR
Sun Jun 3 17:16:10 EDT 2007

    I have some interesting news to report.
    First of all, thanks Umberto for fixing the make test error so
quickly. You rock!

    Ok, onto bussiness. I found out that make threadtests was a
wonderful way to reproduce the original error that was making tomcat
crash, and probably why it only happened on the server and not on my
machine. Running it with 1 thread (as it was being run in my single
processor / single user machine), it wouldn't crash. But running the
threadtests on the 4 processor server with 10 threads, it crashed
consistently about 65% of the time, on a 300 runs test. I increased it
to 30 threads and I got a 100% crash rate.
    Now, witth Svn rev 6167, the same 300 consecutive runs with 10
threads of threadtests had a whooping ZERO crash rate!

    Just to be sure, I increased it to 100 threads, and am about to let
it burn 10.000 times.  I cant see how the application will will fare on
a real life situation yet, as apparently the folks responsible for
generating new versions on the production server don't come to work on
sundays. Slackers.
    I will report back in the morning.

    Best regards,

    Rodrigo

--
*Rodrigo Del C. Andrade*
/Programador/

*DÍGITRO TECNOLOGIA*
*E-mail:* rodrigo.andrade at digitro.com.br
<mailto:rodrigo.andrade at digitro.com.br>
*Fone:* +55 48 3281-7314 / +55 48 3281-7000
*Fax:* +55 48 3281-7299
*Site:* www.digitro.com <http://www.digitro.com>