queryByFeatures raster

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at DEQ.VIRGINIA.GOV
Tue Jun 12 13:09:04 EDT 2007

Is it possible to do a queryByFeatures on a raster?  That is, I want to
select a shape feature, then have that used as a query shape to
summarize info in my overlapping raster.

I am trying this:

   $rastermap = $amap->map->getLayerByName('depart30');

   $shapemap = $amap->map->getLayerByName('selectedsegs');

   $rastermap->queryByShape($shapemap->index);

But cannot seem to retrieve any data (even though the raster is
definitely overlapping).

My raster layer is a geoTiff (also tried as Gif, same result), with a
manually specified world file. The images display overlapping in the map
view window.

Any help would be appreciated,

r.b.

Robert W. Burgholzer