WMS, time support, and Oracle

John Cartwright John.C.Cartwright at NOAA.GOV
Thu Jun 14 11:43:09 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply, David.  I can get the same data to work fine in
postgres, but when using oracle I see the error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'Hurricanes'.
msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): OracleSpatial error. Error:
ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
 . Query statement: SELECT OBJECTID, SHAPE FROM HYDRO.HURRICANES_TSQP
WHERE (hurr_date >= '2004-01-01' AND hurr_date <=
'2004-12-31') AND SDO_FILTER( SHAPE, MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003,
8307,
NULL,MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,3),MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(-180,-90,180,90)
),'querytype=window') = 'TRUE' . Check your data statement.

Seems to be an oracle-specific time formatting problem.

-- john