WMS, time support, and Oracle

Giorgio Liberta' giorgio.liberta at JRC.IT
Thu Jun 14 14:14:35 EDT 2007

Hi John,

I am working on the same problem.  And I have the same error ORA-01861.
It seems that when mapserver runs doesn't takes the NLS_DATE_FORMAT
definition
(I made a new definition according with mapserver YYYY-MM-DD format)
and the session still use the Oracle default 'dd-mmm-yyyy'.

I spent 1 day but no results or any work-around.

my configuration is linux rhes + apache and the db server runs an oracle
10.2.

ciao

John Cartwright wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, David.  I can get the same data to work fine in
> postgres, but when using oracle I see the error:
>
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
> 'Hurricanes'.
> msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): OracleSpatial error. Error:
> ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
> . Query statement: SELECT OBJECTID, SHAPE FROM HYDRO.HURRICANES_TSQP
> WHERE (hurr_date >= '2004-01-01' AND hurr_date <=
> '2004-12-31') AND SDO_FILTER( SHAPE, MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003,
> 8307,
> NULL,MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,3),MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(-180,-90,180,90)
> ),'querytype=window') = 'TRUE' . Check your data
> statement.
>

> Seems to be an oracle-specific time formatting problem.
>
> -- john
>

> David William Bitner wrote:
>> John --
>>
>> I have not used WMS-T with Oracle, but have you seen the docs for
>> using WMS-T with postgis?
>>
>> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_time_support/#example-of-wms-t-with-postgis-tile-index-for-raster-imagery
>>

>> David
>>
>> On 5/29/07, *John Cartwright * <John.C.Cartwright at noaa.gov
>> <mailto:John.C.Cartwright at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello All,
>>
>>     I've having trouble getting the time requests passed to Oracle in
>>     a way
>>     that it understands.  Has anyone done this successfully?
>>
>>     Thanks!
>>
>>     -- john
>>

>> --
>> ************************************
>> David William Bitner

Giorgio Libertà
European Commission - DG Joint Research Center
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Land Management & Natural Hazards Unit
TP 261, via Fermi
Ispra (VA), 21020 Italy

e-mail: giorgio.liberta at jrc.it