Image projection question

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Jun 14 23:11:49 EDT 2007

Stephen Davies wrote:
> G'day.
> I posted the following last week but had no response. I am still stuck
> without any solution so would really appreciate any feedback at all as
> to what might be wrong with my setup.

Stephen,

I read this the first time around, but there isn't really anything
to go on as far as suggesting a solution.  The obvious conclusion is
that the coordinates for either your raster or vector are just wrong
coming in.

The offset, 20m, could be systematic error in automated geocorrection
of the raster data, or perhaps relates to a datum shifting issue.
It is very hard to say given the information you have provided.

If you made the raster and vector file available, I could at least
load them in OpenEV and see if they seem to overlay properly there.

Best regards,